I told the kids they could only watch a movie if I chose it, and I chose "The Red Balloon."

Dutch: This movie is really stupid. That kid climbed a pole to get the balloon and now he's just running around.
Skipper: He is so fast!
Dutch: Wait, is the balloon magic?
Dutch: He speaks French!
Dutch: Even the teacher wants the balloon!
Dutch: Who took it?
Dutch: What'd that man just do!
Dutch: She just locked the boy in the CLOSET!! Why'd she do it?
Dutch: The balloon is going to get the key in the end. I know this.
Dutch: Look mom!
Dutch: MOM! Watch the balloon! These are bad guys!
Skipper: This movie is stoopooh! It's so bad.
Dutch: Yeah, they don't even speak the right language, and I can't figure out what's going on.
Skipper: There's two balloons
Dutch: No there's just one.
Skipper: He caught it! Hey, another balloon!
Dutch: Look mom, it's saying hi to the blue balloon!
Skipper: They're both balloons!
Dutch: Oh my gosh mom, they both have magic balloons and they're trying to go the opposite way and the balloons want to be together!
Dutch: They're trying to get his balloon.
Dutch: Let go of it! Come on, let go of it, boy!
Skipper: I don't like this movie! Those kids tried to get his balloon! I'm sad about that!
Dutch: Skipper, look, there's the balloon! It's following him!
- Brief period when I wasn't paying attention - 
Skipper: Are those kids having trouble?
Dutch: Balloon. Come here, balloon!
Dutch: Mama, they're going to get his balloon again and I hate this!
Skipper: This movie's more scary! More scary!
Dutch: Skipper, it's going to be fine. It's a happy movie.
Dutch: Where'd the balloon go?
Dutch: Fly away, balloon!
Dutch: It's dying. The kid hit it with a rock.
Skipper: Balloon is dying.
Dutch: Twins with balloons
Dutch: Everybody's balloons are going away! What is this? I think they're trying to go help it!
Skipper: Why Dutch? Because it's broken? Because a kid stepped on it?
Dutch: Oh my gosh! Or maybe they're going to the boy!
Dutch: Wow!
Dutch: It would be really amazing to see this!
Skipper: He's standing with all those balloons!
Dutch: He's getting all of them. They're being nice to him. Why did all these balloons do it? Because they know he's nice? Oh my gosh. Mom, look! There he is at the end of the balloons! Wow, balloons really like him, don't they! Where's he going? I think he's going to Mars!

Comments

Popular Posts