But you know, it's summer. I've got little tiny squashes and green tomatoes growing in the yard. I've got one kid who's cuter than all get-out and also kind of scary, and one kid who is !!READING!! Go Dog Go and also likes kimchee. I've got a husband who knows how to get the scary kid to sleep, is willing to watch Star Trek with me tonight (I hope)*, and tells me repeatedly that the whole universe is not rejecting me. So I think I'll be able to get over today's rejections, and tomorrow's too, without too much trouble.
*It won an Oscar for Best Makeup - it's got to be good, right? And I have always loved Spock.**
** My early imaginary-people crushes were on Mr. Spock and Sherlock Holmes. I think you can pretty much extrapolate everything you need to know about me from that.
1 comment:
Did you watch Star Trek? I'm assuming that you mean the remake. I enjoyed it and it definitely sparked a Spock-crush. Leonard Nimoy never really did it for me. I was too busy nurturing my crushes on Gene Kelly and Christopher Plummer. If Spock had randomly broken into song and dance routines, he might have captured my heart earlier.
Post a Comment