Casting a big net

Today I got a rejection email notice for a job that sounds like a great job. I can't remember applying for it, though. A friend of mine was impressed that I'm getting unsolicited rejection notices. I'm aiming to apply for five jobs a week (but I'm usually only managing two or three), so I'm trying to give as many people as possible opportunities to reject me. I'm generous.

But you know, it's summer. I've got little tiny squashes and green tomatoes growing in the yard. I've got one kid who's cuter than all get-out and also kind of scary, and one kid who is !!READING!! Go Dog Go and also likes kimchee. I've got a husband who knows how to get the scary kid to sleep, is willing to watch Star Trek with me tonight (I hope)*, and tells me repeatedly that the whole universe is not rejecting me. So I think I'll be able to get over today's rejections, and tomorrow's too, without too much trouble.


*It won an Oscar for Best Makeup - it's got to be good, right? And I have always loved Spock.**
** My early imaginary-people crushes were on Mr. Spock and Sherlock Holmes. I think you can pretty much extrapolate everything you need to know about me from that.

Comments

tiffky doofky said…
Did you watch Star Trek? I'm assuming that you mean the remake. I enjoyed it and it definitely sparked a Spock-crush. Leonard Nimoy never really did it for me. I was too busy nurturing my crushes on Gene Kelly and Christopher Plummer. If Spock had randomly broken into song and dance routines, he might have captured my heart earlier.

Popular Posts