Advanced learning

Dutch's teacher is a rabid University of Oregon booster. Because of this, Dutch has begun thinking about college, and actually considering what college she might want to go to. I really had not expected that my child's introduction to the idea of post-secondary education would come from the classic Oregon Ducks vs. Beavers conflict. Today Dutch and I talked about college a little bit - what it is, what options Dutch might have, how much it will cost,* etc. Dutch decided that she will be a Duck, and study owls. That seems confusing to me, but whatever.


*I didn't tell her that I suspect that by the time she's ready for college, being a Duck (or anything other mascot) will be prohibitively expensive. I figure we can wait at least until she's in third grade to inform her that her collegiate future isn't a given. 

Comments

Popular Posts