MORE videos!!!

I'd forgotten that it's a bad idea to wear a black shirt when you spend most of your day either exuding breastmilk or having it barfed back onto you. Now I'm wearing a black shirt with an irregular white pattern.

Today I ran into another disapproving old lady, who worried audibly that Skipper is going to come down with pneumonia. I clenched my teeth and refrained from pointing out that pneumonia is caused by infection, not by being outside (wrapped to a warm body, tucked under a raincoat) on a rainy day. I also did not say that if I only took Skipper out when it wasn't raining, she'd spend maybe 80% of her days indoors. I feel very noble. What's up with the age thing, anyway? Were babies in the 40s never allowed outside?

Anyway, here's Skipper and Dutch this morning.



And here's Skipper this afternoon (Day eighteen or so). I know she's not really doing anything I didn't capture on the last riveting video, but she just cracks me up, so I had to post a video. Look at her worried little face! Her crazy flying-superman fists! I'm actually most impressed by the fact that she was crying when I put her down (so I could wash my hands, not because I'm sadistic), and then she stopped, all by herself, and just hung out for a while. Also, look, she's wearing pants! I have such high entertainment standards.



Today's Newborn Workout was a weird routine of lifting her head off my shoulder, pecking her mouth repeatedly at my cheek in the hope that a magical nipple might have suddenly grown there, and then being overwhelmed with exhaustion and despair and letting her head crash back onto my shoulder, only to optimistically try again 30 seconds later.

Comments

Anonymous said…
The most beautiful baby I've seen in a very long time.

Love,

Dad

Popular Posts