You say tomato, I say mildly funny.

This afternoon, around 4:30ish, BOTH kids were sleeping. A miracle! Dutch had passed out on the couch (after a long boring day), and Skipper was sleeping in the cosleeper. I maximized this unexpected bliss by sitting at the kitchen table, eating cold French toast with peanut butter and reading the New Yorker.* This made me laugh so hard that I almost aspirated my delicious snack. I insisted that Cook read it, and he declared that it was, to him, "mildly funny."

How can we possibly be married? And which one of us is correct? Is it hilariously funny or just mildly funny?

*What, is that not how you would have taken advantage of the situation?

Comments

Eltanin said…
Mildly funny.
tiffky doofky said…
First of all, I have to admit that your response to bliss sounds pretty darn close to mine, minus the french toast.

Second, the piece was just above mildly funny for me until I got to the part about Devin, at which point it became cumulatively hilarious.

Popular Posts