The Expensive One

Sheesh. Skipper has an umbilical granuloma.*  We're taking her in next week to get it removed. We should have just named her Baby MoneySucker. 

However, on the festive side, we learned that it doesn't cost anything to add more kids to Cook's "self plus children" insurance policy, so we can have an infinite number of kids** and pay the same monthly rate. Hm. That's a strange way to manage health care - we pay the same rate as, say, a family with 18 kids. How odd, in an otherwise entirely rational and beneficial system.

*Okay, I diagnosed this myself with the help of Dr. Google, so it's not an OFFICIAL diagnosis, but I'm pretty confident. Though not quite confident enough to get some floss and try to remove it myself .
** I wonder if infinite kids have tantrums. Are they ineffable?

Comments

Popular Posts