oh my god...

I got distracted (procrastinating!) into looking at all the pictures of Dutch we have stored on our computer. There are a LOT. I suddenly realized that Dutch was a baby for a long time. Somehow, I'd got it into my head that Skipper, once she gets past the first four months, is going to be much more like, well, a preschooler. I forgot about the whole baby thing, and the toddler thing. I forgot about Dutch at 6 months...... and a year... and 18 months... and two... and so on. We've got a long way to go before Skipper will be informing me that my wardrobe suggestions are stupid.* I feel both daunted by the path that lies ahead, and also happy to get to experience babyhood again with a new person. This, for example, is a picture of Dutch walking for the first time, on her birthday. That was pretty fun.

*Though... looking at Dutch's outfits in these photos, I can see where she's coming from.

Comments

Popular Posts