My neighborhood reputation

The other day I was walking Dutch and Skipper home from Dutch's evening ballet class, and we stopped along the way at the grocery store to get some desperately-needed items. Skipper started yelling inconsolably (I did try to nurse her as we walked around, but she was not buying it, and just kept screaming with the nipple in her mouth), and I got all sweaty and people were staring and muttering, so I decided to abort the mission and abandon the groceries. I told Dutch that we weren't going to be able to stand in the long line to check out, and were just going to go home. She looked at me with an expression of mingled horror and excitement and said loudly "You mean we're going to STEAL the milk?!?!"

So now the people who frequent our friendly neighborhood grocery store think I'm not only a terrible parent, but also a thief.

Comments

Popular Posts