Shopping my way through anxiety

This whole "working" thing has got me all stressed out. I will have real responsibilities! I will have to be away from Skipper for 11 hours two days a week! I will have NO FREE TIME! Not that my time is terribly free right now, but everything is going to get way more hectic in two weeks.

As usual, I am channeling my anxiety into consumption! These are the things I've determined I must buy:
A. Travel mug. I'll have to get up so early that I'll have no time to drink my coffee before leaving to catch the bus.
B. Clothes. My wardrobe is totally inadequate to the task of trying to convince business owners to bike to work every day. I am going to have to look more Fancy than I ever have before. Dutch is delighted

As usual, I am seriously overthinking this. I've done extensive research already on The Perfect Travel Mug (must be leakproof, must not be plastic, must not have annoying dribbly hole, must be easy to clean but not annoyingly wide, etc.). I just can't find it. My life depends on this, obviously.

Comments

tiffky doofky said…
I sympathize with your search for The Perfect Travel Mug. I am convinced that it doesn't exist (but maybe in the way that the Holy Grail doesn't exist - only for non-believers?).

A word of warning, from bitter experience - the travel mugs that are "leakproof" tend to store water in their tops. So, they don't leak the liquid that is inside the mug, but they do leak the water that got trapped in the top when you last cleaned it. Urrgh.

Popular Posts