Ye shall receive

Oh you generous people of the internets! It has come to my attention that when I post my shopping list, it makes kind people send me gift certificates! I suddenly fear that I will receive 25 travel mugs for my birthday. I didn't mean to hint that I wanted my vast reading audience to get me stuff - I'm just thoughtless, not actually that manipulative. And you all are so nice. One of you, Mr. Currently Struggling About Whether or Not to Take a Lucrative But Morally Dubious Job, even tipped me off to an example of the beauty of the internet - a website devoted to the art of drinking coffee while biking.

I plan to spend my first (oh so very small) paycheck at a cool store where more stylish people than myself consign their clothes. So what I really need, actually, is somebody to come and give me advice about What To Buy. I have no style at all* and desperately need a personal shopper. Since everybody I know has more fashion sense than me, any of you who might be reading this are qualified. Let me know when you'd like to come.

Hey, did I mention I'd like to get a laptop, too? And a pony? With a farm to go with it?

Apropos of nothing, I was just reading a bodice-ripper (a pretty good one, too!), and it actually contained the phrase "heaving bosom." Hooray! I realized yesterday after accepting the job that my time for reading for fun is rapidly coming to a close, what with the job starting in two weeks and school starting in a week and a half. And, oh, yes, the move, in three weeks. So I'm trying to cram in as much reading (trash and non-trash) as possible, rather than spending my time, say, packing, or cleaning, or anything productive. Gosh, I'd better start rustling up boxes.


* My taste could best be described as "Clothes that aren't horribly uncomfortable, are cheap at the thrift store, don't need to be dry-cleaned, and aren't white, because all my clothes eventually turn grey and I can't be bothered to change my laundering habits." Though I do know enough to be able to recognize that Dutch's current outfit - hot pink t-shirt, green shorts, white knee socks, and ballet-shoe-slippers - is just not quite right.

Comments

tiffky doofky said…
Yay for trashy reading! I liked the whole "Slightly" series, but not as much as the "Simply" series. Now we just need one in which someone actually rips a bodice (and the author uses those words to describe it). Heaven.

Popular Posts