What's up with us

Today was my second day of class. I like my classes. They're going to require a lot of work. I'm also going to have to spend quite a bit of effort convincing my groupmates for one class that I'm not actually insane, in spite of the evidence I provided on Monday.*

Cook's job will be ending at the end of next week, and he's spending all his afternoons with Skipper now. (He is still doing his consulting gig, though, and will restart his job in January.) I will be starting my job on Thursday, and will be gone from 7 AM to 6 PM.

Dutch seems happy to be back at daycare. Some clinging has been happening. Skipper hates daycare. Much screaming has been happening.** Skipper also refuses to take a bottle. I'm sure she WILL take a bottle when she gets desperate (ie on Thursday), but it's hard on everybody.

Dutch has an eye appointment on her birthday, and we'll just have to wait until then to find out what's going on. On reflection, I've decided that it is very likely strabismus, which seems to be what Cook had when he was a kid.*** Dutch has decided that she wants pink frames on her glasses.



*There was a LOT of babbling. I'm pretty sure that I talked about my breasts, too.

**This is why I'm acting like an insane person. Knowing that my baby is crying her heart out while I'm in class or at work seems to have that effect on me.


*** There was an operation AND a patch!

Comments

az said…
I started with glasses at age 3 and a patch soon after. Glasses are cool! Wiat till Dutch sees all her options. They are very fashionable these days. And if she hates them, she may grow out of them. My youngest sister's eyes somehow magically fixed themselves. She could not see a lick in grade school and somewhere in high school decided she didn't want to wear her glasses anymore, and instead of getting worse, her eyes somehow got better!

I think there are even sparkly frames now - pink sparkly, now that is pretty cool : )
Anonymous said…
Regarding the bottle and infant hatred towards it: Elise pulled a similar stunt upon starting daycare. She went all day with very little nourishment then nursed like a fiend all night. We had excellent luck when we switched to Dr. Brown's bottle (it's a system, you see). She's eating tons now.
And as one of the glasses-braces traumatized crowd, well, good luck Dutch (: cm
aimee said…
Like az, I got glasses at 3 or 4 and had the dreaded Patch for short time, too. I honestly don't remember being made fun of despite attending a public school (and being taken there on a school bus!) I bet kids that little think eye patches are interesting.
Jenny said…
I just did a google search on eye patches for kids and look what I found: http://www.shop.patchingpal.com/category.sc;jsessionid=7A8411F2555875BEB856E9E59889F12E.qscstrfrnt03?categoryId=2

They come in different colors and some have balloons and things on them! Kids are socially resilient until at least 6th grade, right? I had glasses, braces, AND a head gear that I had to wear 24hrs/day in 4th grade, and I didn't really care. Oh, did I forget to mention I had a perm that year, too, that made me look like my mother??

Popular Posts