Food

Dutch has always been pretty easy when it comes to food. She's been willing to try new things, and tolerant of a wide variety of tastes and textures. Skipper, however, won't try anything, unless it's virtually identical to something she eats.

This is what she eats at least somewhat reliably:
-milk
-almond and peanut butters
-butter
-bread
-grapes
-bananas
-cereal
-tortillas
-pasta
-cheese (but only cold, not melted)
-nori
-yogurt
-granola
-plain cooked kidney beans

That's it. Notice that there's nothing vegetable in that list, and barely any fruit. Also, notice that it's mostly breakfast. It's causing me some emotional pain; it's sad to try to feed your child food that IS GOOD FOR HER, and have her absolutely point-blank refuse. Yesterday I was so convinced that she would like the mashed sweet potatoes (baked with eggs and maple syrup - what's not to love?) if only she would taste them that I actually smooshed them on her mouth, much to her dismay (and Cook's). I have entirely lost my credibility as a food-provider now. She cried and said "Mama! Push! Mouth! Skipper! Sad!"

Comments

tiffky doofky said…
That list of words made me cry a little.

Popular Posts