Moving along

This is how Dutch celebrated her birthday:
1) Enjoying a celebratory breakfast and presents-opening before school
2) Wearing a paper crown that said her name and "6" on it all day at school. I joined her for lunch, and it was like being in the entourage of a celebrity - kids were calling out "Happy birthday, Dutch!" everywhere we went.
3) Going out for dinner to a local fast food joint* and eating a cheeseburger, french fries, and root beer.**
4) Falling asleep with her new doll nestled in a cardboard box beside the bed.

This is how Skipper celebrated Dutch's birthday:
1) Spending much of the day trying to get her hands on the new doll, and pointing at it while saying "Doll. MINE. Doll!!! MEEEE!"
2) Discovering how much she loves fast food. "Good. GOOD. MORE. MEEEEE!"


* I was able to look up the nutrition information of all my options beforehand online, and judiciously choose food that represented only one day's worth of calories and saturated fat, rather than two or three.
**Dutch is blessedly inexperienced with soda, and when I walked her up to the soda dispenser, she was paralyzed by all the options, so I let her try a sip of every one. She declared Coke, Mr Pibb, root beer, and Sprite all to be far superior to Fanta. (I love orange sodea. I also love grape soda, and cherry cola.)

Comments

tiffky doofky said…
Is it okay if I copy this birthday blueprint exactly? I will even make my mom send me the Molly doll she bought me when I was too old to play with dolls anymore. I am not too old now.

Popular Posts