Monday, November 22, 2010
The years are just flying by
Last week I had lunch with a high-school classmate I hadn't seen in many, many, many years. Before I left my preceding engagement, I glimpsed myself in the bathroom mirror and thought "Wow, I look really old and tired." On my way to meet her, I briefly walked behind a cute family, and the dad was holding the maybe-3-year-old kid so he was looking back at me over his dad's shoulder. I smiled at him, because he was crazy cute, and he smiled back at me and then he said (and no, I'm NOT making this up) "Grandma, is that you?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
months go by
We are alive! Not much to report. Cook has a new job, still in government, but doing a different kind of work. I have the same job. Duchess ...
-
A few months ago, I went to the doctor because I'd been having chest pains and shortness of breath. I was pretty sure it was anxiety, be...
-
We are alive! Not much to report. Cook has a new job, still in government, but doing a different kind of work. I have the same job. Duchess ...
1 comment:
I think the same thing every time I look in the mirror. I hope that some year I'll get sleep again and can regain non-puffy eyes that don't have purple under them. I'm starting to worry, though, that it's a lost cause.
Post a Comment