Help me!

Dutch likes science. I have the impression that she's more interested in the learning of facts than in the doing of science, but I feel that I am failing to encourage her budding interest either way. I think I'm in danger of letting my verbal, performance-loving, narrative-oriented child roll along down the path of least resistance to become a person who does language but not math, fiction but not non-fiction, conversation but not scientific inquiry.

I have to push myself a little on this, because I think dance camp or Spanish immersion camp sound much cooler than Science Museum Camp. I like science, too, don't get me wrong. But I don't naturally lean toward it. So I need your help.

Anybody know any good movies and books about science for an almost-6-year-old?

Comments

tiffky doofky said…
Is she too young for Nova? I think there are also some good science magazines for kids (Ask, Odyssey, Ranger Rick, etc).
Anonymous said…
I started getting zoo books at about that age. It is a magazine subscription all about animals...behavior and biology.(Ben)

Popular Posts