Joining the Club

Dutch made a handprint turkey! I told her that she had now joined millions of other Americans in this ritual. We looked around at all the people (well, the ones aged 6 and older) around us on the sidewalk and in their cars and on their bikes and whatnot, as we were walking to school, and I told her that they had probably ALL made handprint turkeys.

I think that's kind of beautiful.

In other news, when asked by the librarian at Dutch's school* which child is mine, I said "Well, she's in Mrs. H's kindergarten class. The tall one? With the glasses? Who never stops talking?" and then at last she said "Ohhh, yes. NOW I know who you're talking about."


*I'm going to do a little volunteer work for her, organizing the books. I'm going to write that again, because it gives me so much pleasure. I'm going to get to organize books.

Comments

Popular Posts