2011

Today is my first day of official stay-at-home parenting. I'm supposed to be working 5-10 hours a week at my job (tapering off over the next month or two, but I have serious doubts about how well that's going to work, after less than one day.

In other respects, though, it's been a successful day. I finished one of the tasks I promised myself I would do to kick off 2011 - went through our files, threw out everything egregiously out-dated or unnecessary, re-organized the system, and filed everything in the to-file folder, including stuff that has been in that file for over a year. Skipper helped me hand-shred old bank statements. (Today, she's also sorted change and swept the floor. Such a helpful child. I'm not sure what she DID with the change or the dust, but she doesn't seem to be choking to death, so whatever.)

Tomorrow, I'm tackling the Random Box of Crap that's been sitting on the desk forever. I think it was once a Box of Stuff I Was Supposed to Do, which is scary. There are probably some important papers in there marinating. Tomorrow I'm also going to the bank to put our important documents into a safe-deposit box, one of the trying-to-be-slightly-more-adult tasks on my to-do list. Apparently, real grown-ups don't keep their important pieces of paper in a plastic bag labeled* "Important" in a file drawer. Who knew?

Dutch is back at school today after a 2-week hiatus. She had mixed feelings this morning, but we got her there without a hitch. Now I just have to remember to pick her up.

We're still in the house-buying process - the closing date has been pushed back, but the seller is making repairs now, and we have bought a washing machine, which means this is official!

*In my defense, it's a plastic bag- waterproof! - labeled carefully with a Sharpie pen - waterproof! See, some precautions were taken...

Comments

Popular Posts