We officially own a home! I'll post some pictures and stuff, but right now I'm too busy freaking out about how much money we have spent and are about to spend. Also, about the Antique Electric Outlet of Death in the front bedroom.* And, you know, my job.

Also, Dutch, who's been struggling to balance her enjoyment of wild play with the boys at recess with their increasingly unpleasant roughness, finally tattled on two boys today (after being punched in the face), bringing large punishments down upon their heads. Cook and I have been wrestling with this for a while - how do we encourage her to stick up for herself and not fall into the tragically feminine trap of trying to make everyone happy? How do we help her walk the line between enabling something bad and being a tattle-tale? How are we supposed to know what's really happening? Anyway, she told on them, and she feels very positive about it, because she thinks now the problem is solved. It sounds like she did the right thing, but I'm pretty sure the problem isn't solved, and now there are some social weirdnesses. Geez. Elementary school is complicated.

Anyway. More later.


*You unscrew the plug out of the wall (this is very easy to do) leaving a nice socket into which a small child would be mightily tempted to stick a finger. Then the small child would die.

Comments

tiffky doofky said…
Yay! A house!
Boo. Social awkwardness.
I don't know if you remember this, but Forrest punched me in the face at recess in 7th grade and I told on him. Dutch, as usual, is way ahead of me in development milestones.

Popular Posts