*Granted, it wasn't a great parenting moment; I lectured Dutch about how if she freaks out about a technical problem getting her sneakers on, she will be left without tools when she has REAL problems. It was... yeah, not so great.
Monday, January 10, 2011
zen!
I'm waiting for a pending explosion of work to be directed my way (any minute now!), but I thought I'd take a moment to celebrate my stay-at-home-parenting morning. Before taking Dutch to school, I washed the breakfast dishes and made semi-nutritious muffins to use for snacks this week. I got the kids out the door this morning on time and with only one small yelling episode,* and we were able to make the trip to school at a leisurely pace and chat with a neighbor along the way. I felt kind of on top of things! And Skipper is currently entertaining herself very nicely with a tiger finger puppet and two broken bead necklaces. So when I get totally behind things (in about 15 minutes, I expect), I can think back on this moment of relative serenity.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
months go by
We are alive! Not much to report. Cook has a new job, still in government, but doing a different kind of work. I have the same job. Duchess ...
-
A few months ago, I went to the doctor because I'd been having chest pains and shortness of breath. I was pretty sure it was anxiety, be...
-
We are alive! Not much to report. Cook has a new job, still in government, but doing a different kind of work. I have the same job. Duchess ...
No comments:
Post a Comment