zen!

I'm waiting for a pending explosion of work to be directed my way (any minute now!), but I thought I'd take a moment to celebrate my stay-at-home-parenting morning. Before taking Dutch to school, I washed the breakfast dishes and made semi-nutritious muffins to use for snacks this week. I got the kids out the door this morning on time and with only one small yelling episode,* and we were able to make the trip to school at a leisurely pace and chat with a neighbor along the way. I felt kind of on top of things! And Skipper is currently entertaining herself very nicely with a tiger finger puppet and two broken bead necklaces. So when I get totally behind things (in about 15 minutes, I expect), I can think back on this moment of relative serenity.


*Granted, it wasn't a great parenting moment; I lectured Dutch about how if she freaks out about a technical problem getting her sneakers on, she will be left without tools when she has REAL problems. It was... yeah, not so great.

Comments

Popular Posts