Taste of my own medicine

Cook has always grumbled about my ability to disappear into a book, and marveled at my ability to read while doing things like brushing my teeth, or walking to the bus stop. I've always dismissed his grumbles as jealousy over my marvelous multi-tasking abilities.

However, now we have another disappearing reader in the house. Dutch sits down with a book, and she is gone. If I want her to do anything else, like put away her backpack, clean her room, put on her nightgown, join us for dinner, eat a cookie, go for a scooter ride, etc., I have to launch a campaign that involves either shouting in her ear, or repeated polite requests for her attention over a long period of time. Sometimes both. It drives me crazy.

Cook thinks this is hilarious.

Comments

Popular Posts