This week started out a little hectic, but Thursday and Friday have been just lovely. The weather was gorgeous, and Skipper and I took it pretty easy. It was a little Portland-style idyll, with some walking and biking,* some gardening, and some cooking. Today my lunch was a sandwich of cheese, bread from the bakery around the corner (which is as cheap as the decent kind of grocery store bread), mustard, and kale from the front yard. It was delicious. I ate it sitting on the steps in the sunshine, watching my laundry dry and my kid get dirty, and I felt so lucky.

This weekend we're going to walk the Red Wagon over to the nursery a mile away, and bring home some summer vegetable starts. SO LUCKY.

Anyway. Enough gloating. Here are pictures. Skipper enjoyed the back yard, and a bucket of water.













Skipper and Dutch posed for photos. Dutch wore her new (to her) soccer cleats, which arrived in the mail today, plus her usual weird layered fashion stylings.

































Cook came home.



























Everyone played soccer.
































*Dutch made her first ever utilitarian bike trip this evening, to the grocery store with Cook, for a round-trip total of 1.3 miles. She was pretty intimidated initially, but came home thrilled with her new powers.

Comments

tiffky doofky said…
I love Dutch's style! These pictures brought on an unexpected wave of envy. Your family is pretty sweet and I'm glad you are enjoying some idylls.
aimee said…
Lord, gloat away! I can't blame you! Also, I love the picture of Skipper about to stomp on/kick the soccer ball. And I'm partial to Dutch's style; I dressed like that in college in the 90s.

Popular Posts