Criminal mind

This morning, as I was lying in bed trying to delay getting up, Skipper indicated that she wanted to get down off the bed. It was pretty clear that what she actually wanted was to get my glasses from their bedside perch, because she loves to play with glasses. I put her down on the floor, and moved my glasses out of reach, on the bed between me and Cook. She stood on the floor for a moment, then looked at me, signed that she wanted to nurse, and pointed to the bed, clearly intending that I should put her back up on the bed, between me and Cook. I picked her up and scooted over so that she could lie next to me and nurse, keeping my body between her and my glasses. She immediately tried to climb over me to get at them, not even bothering to pretend she was interested in nursing.

It's the first time I've ever really seen her conniving. She lied in order to get up on the bed! My one-year-old daughter LIED to me! I'm kind of proud. I think this one's going far.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Alternative hypothesis.
Seems like you are learning that "I want to nurse" actually means " I want to be moved to a new place where something good might happen."

Popular Posts