While I'm on this topic, holy shit, where did that OTHER kid come from? The one who can reach the cup shelf, recently learned that 3 is not actually pronounced "free," is losing her fourth tooth, and can ALMOST snap? Where did that kid come from? Wait, wasn't SHE just a baby, too?
Now I begin to understand why people who remember my infancy never quite seem to have gotten used to the idea that I am an adult.*** It really just seems impossible. I know, in theory, that Dutch and Skipper will become grownups, and will come over to visit me and irritatedly attempt to teach me how to correctly tune the reality anathemizer.**** I will control my impulse to tickle them, most likely, but I probably won't ever quite believe their adulthood.
*Okay, that sounds way more impressive than it is. Her one and only sentence so far is this: "More. NURSE." and I'm sure that if she knew a sign for "Right NOW, goddamnit," we'd see a fair amount of it.
** She invented a sign for "tickle." Go ahead and tell me that isn't the cutest thing in the whole freaking world. Well, except this.
***Well, okay. Point taken.
****"Mom. Just tap this zone over here and then blink three times. MOM!! Come ON, Mom, this is NOT HARD."
No comments:
Post a Comment