News Roundup

I'm at home with Skipper. This is the fifth out of the last sixteen workdays that Cook or I have had to stay home with her (and sometimes Dutch). This is a big problem with being a working parent that nobody tells you about before you have kids. They get sick a lot.

Skipper has Hand, foot, mouth disease, of course. And of course she has it so mildly that she seems to feel totally normal, and is currently tearing the room apart while I type, instead of taking lots of naps while I DO MY HOMEWORK, which is what I had planned to do this afternoon.

She was diagnosed at a "well-child" checkup this morning at which we also learned that she's not gaining weight satisfactorily. It's not a big problem at the moment, but we do have to change some things. No more nursing on demand (she demands nursing frequently, but then just snacks for a few moments before getting distracted and dashing off to her next project), mainly.

Then she and Dutch both got a bunch of shots, which bummed them both out. Dutch clenched up her whole body, and said "I hate shots I hate shots I hate shots!!!!" until the nurse said "Well, honey, I hate giving shots."

That's the news from here. In other news, I really, really love Ray LaHood and the younger Swedish princess is having a crappy day.

Comments

Popular Posts